The position will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting of real estate related debt/equity investments.Essential Functions:
- Prepare and review general journal entries.
- Approve invoices, ensuring that GL coding is accurate.
- Support other internal teams such as financial reporting, portfolio oversight, investments with projects as needed.
- Reconcile, verify and validate all entries and postings to balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Prepare quarterly audit committee presentations including financial statement fluctuation analyses.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparation and/or review of lender reporting packages.
- Work with financial reporting team and internal/external auditors to assist with quarterly and/or annual reporting requirements
- Provide guidance and mentorship to less experienced members on the team.
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Related Field.
- 4+ years’ experience
- Experience in Real Estate industry preferred
- A team player with excellent organizational skills
- Procient in Microsoft Oce, especially Excel and Word
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Experience in Yardi, MRI, J. D. Edwards or comparable software
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Monitors junior team members to ensure they are providing timely and accurate information to other internal departments
CIM does not accept unsolicited resumes from Agencies. Any unsolicited resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of CIM and no fees will be due or paid. If you wish to become an approved Agency with CIM or any of its Affiliates, please contact a member of the CIM Talent Acquisition Team.