Azerbaijan British College (ABC) is an independent, secular, coeducational, British-style through-school located in the beautiful capital city Baku, on the shore of the Caspian Sea. Lonely Planet describes Baku as ‘the love child of Paris and Dubai’, stating ‘Few cities in the world are changing so quickly and nowhere else in the Caucasus do East and West blend so seamlessly’. ABC is a flagship school, teaching the British National Curriculum to local and expatriate children. ABC is accredited by the Ministry of Education of Azerbaijan, is a member of the Council for British International Schools (COBIS) and a fully accredited member of the Council for International Schools (CIS). We are licensed to offer a range of qualifications from the two largest International Examination Boards, Cambridge International Assessment (CIA) and Edexcel.
To find out more about ABC visit:
ABC prides itself in its provision of Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) and in addition to English and Azerbaijani, students can study German, French and Russian. Studying an MFL is compulsory to the end of Key Stage 3 (up to Year 9). In Year 10 studying an MFL then becomes an option choice for IGCSE. German is a popular choice with students. Therefore we are seeking to appoint a passionate and motivated German Language Teacher to join our team who will be responsible for creating an educational atmosphere where our students have the opportunity to fulfil their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, social and psychological growth. Our motto is ‘Explore to Achieve’. Teachers are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing the daily instructional program that results in our students exceeding their expectations.
- Native level speaker of English. British or with British system experience.
- Strong curriculum understanding of both Cambridge and Edexcel.
- Strong subject knowledge.
- A ‘can do’ approach to work and a strong work ethic.
- Good organization skills.
- Relevant qualifications- recognized teaching qualification (PGCE, Cert. Ed etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively with parents and students.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in the same or similar role.
- The ability to form and maintain good working relations with colleagues.
- The desire to build a strong subject.
- Qualified Teacher Status
- CAIE, Edexcel or other UK examination board experience
- Two or more years of relevant international experience
- Experience of COIS and COBIS accreditation
- ICT literacy
This position attracts a competitive tax-free salary, accommodation allowance, and relocation allowance, medical insurance and annual return flights. The school has a growing roll, small class sizes, excellent facilities and generous holidays. Baku is a wonderful city, with a low cost of living, safe streets, and friendly locals. English is widely spoken and there is a vibrant outdoor social life. It is possible to make significant savings while you work here and there are excellent air, road and rail connections to other countries.
The position is subject to DBS/Police checks and satisfactory references.